- Statutory Holidays:
- New Years' Day (January 1st) two days off;
- International Labor Day (May 1st) 3 days off;
- National Day (October 1st) 7 days off.
- Saturday and Sunday.
The following ten bus routes pass through or start from Xiamen University, which makes it very convenient for students to travel around Xiamen city. They are:
You can search for bus information at: http://220.127.116.11/webpub/xiamenBus/
- Bus No. 1 (Xiada←→Railway Station)
- Bus No. 2 (Baicheng←→Ferry)
- Bus No.15 (Xiada←→Yueyang Xiaoqu)
- Bus No.18 (Xiada←→Jimei)
- Bus No.20 (Xiada←→Shangli)
- Bus No.21 (Xiada←→Railway Station)
- Bus No.22 (Baicheng←→Baoshui Qu)
- Bus No.29 (Xiada←→Qianpu)
- Bus No.45 (Xiada←→Lianhua Wucun)
- Bus No.47 (Xiada←→North Qianpu)
- Bus No.48 (Baicheng←→Railway Station)
- Bus No.71 (Xiada←→Haicang)
- Bus No.82 (Xiada←→Xiada Student Flat)
- Bus No.87 (Baicheng←→Dongdu)
Besides,students can buy a map of Xiamen's transportation network from the Xinhua Book Store inside Xiamen University.
- The Xiamen branch of the Bank of China is located at the Bank of China Building, 40 North Hubin Road, telephone: 5066417 (Office), 5066410 (Business Department).
- Xiamen Siming subbranch of the Bank of China is at 4-10 Zhongshan Road, telephone: 2020856 (Business Section).
- On our campus, in Sanjiacun Area, there are three banks: the Industrial and Commercial Bank, Bank of China(0086-592-2083255) and the Construction Bank.
- These banks handle fixed and current deposits, savings deposits and withdrawal of RMB or foreign currencies. These services are also available for use by account holders in other towns/cities. Besides the ATMs at the banks, there are other ATMs equipped separately at San Jiacun, Jianwen Building (near South Gate of the university), making it easy for students to withdraw cash.
- Post Office
Xiada Post Office is near the junction of Yanwu Road and Xiada Yitiao Jie Street, next to Luxur Hotel. At the West Gate of Xiamen University, there is an office for incoming and outgoing mails (Xiada Post Box). Letters sent to the student dormitory (Cai Qingjie Building) can be got at the reception of the dormitory block.
Any parcels sent from abroad can be collected by following these procedures:
- Pick up the Parcel-arrival notice at the dormitory reception;
- Get the parcel form from Xiada Post Box by showing the Parcel-arrival notice and his/her own ID card;
- Collect the parcel from Xiada Post Office.
Students can surf the Internet in the Jiageng 5th Building(4th, 5th, 6th floors), Besides, there are several Internet Bars near XiamenUniversity.
Located to the left of South Gate, the university's library holds about 2,400,000 volumes. It provides comprehensive services for all students and teachers: book lending, magazine reading, reference work, topic researching or consulting, document copying and book lending between different sub-libraries, etc.. Students can read or borrow books using their e-cards.
- There is a 400-meter standard Rubber Athletic Track in Xiaxian Field Ground near the West Gate of the university.
- Next to Xiaxian Field Ground, there are ten basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts and several horizontal and parallel bars.
- In front of Jiannan Great Hall, students will find the Shangxian Football Field containing two small football pitches where football lovers can demonstrate their ball skills.
- On the right hand of the Shangxian Football Field, there are two cement floor basketball courts.
- Besides, eight new basketball courts have been set up in front of Furong 12.
- The table-tennis rooms are located at Jianwen Building.
- There are domestic basketball grounds in Nanguang 7 (Fengyu Gym).
- Students can also go to the Mingpei Gym and Wang Qinging Gym near the West Gate, where a lot of fitness facilities and a standard swimming pool are supplied.
- Dining Hall:
Besides the Dining Hall and the Coffee House on the first and second floor of Cai Qingjie Building, there are several dining halls or canteens all providing good meals and services for students. The following are their names and locations:
All the dining halls and canteens are provided with ultra-red sterilizing cupboard, ensuring a high standard food hygiene. Students can buy food with E-Cards. Reporting the loss of the cards, unfreezing the cards' money as well as putting more money onto the cards can be handled at E-card Center, 1st floor of Jiageng 3 (tallest one).
- Qinye Dining Hall, near the Great South Gate;
- Dongyuan Dining Hall & Furong Dining Hall, near the Dongyuan basketball play ground.
- There is a shop inside Cai Qingjie Building.
- Shopping on campus is usually done at Houqun Super-marke in Furong 5 and the Kelilou Super-market in Kelilou Building. These two shops sell various kinds of foodstuffs, books, tapes, CD, stationery and articles for everyday use.
- Students also can buy a wide range of goods in Xiada YitiaoJie Street, which is just outside Grate South Gate.
- In Xiada YitiaoJie Street there are many book stores, of which External Book Communication Centre is the main textbook supplier of our college.
- Entry and Exit Visa Administrative Office of the Xiamen Public Security Bureau:
- Address：No. 64, Zhenhai Road, Xiamen city
- Tel：2022329 or 2262203
- Take No.86、35、809、96 bus, stop at the First hospital station, the Entry and Exit Visa Administrative Office is just on the opposite side across the street.
- Xiamen Quarantine Bureau:
- Address: 116 Dongdu Road, Xiamen city
- Tel: 6010046/ 6010037
- Bus: No. 22 Bus, at Shangjian Stop.
- Website: http://www.xmciq.gov.cn/(Chinese)
- Xiamen Customs:
Address: 34 Haihou Road, Xiamen city
- Customs Office of Postal Service: 2284059
- Telephone Exchange of Gaoqi Customs Building: 5740160
- Customs Office at Dongdu: 2023260
- Customs Office at the Airport: 6017936
- Main Xiamen Hospitals:
- The First Hospital:
Address: 10 Shanggu Street, Xiamen city
Tel: 2137101, 2076314
- Zhong Shan Hospital:
Address: 201-209 halfway down South Hubin Road
Tel: 2210468, 2211200-4101
- 174 Hospital:
Address: Dongmen Road, Xiamen city
Tel: 2025971, 2052846
- Hospital of the Traditional Chinese Medicine
Address: 12 Zhenhai Road, Xiamen city
- Emergency Telephone:
- Fire: 119
- Police Station (Public Security Matters & Traffic
- Accidents: 110
- Emergency Ambulance: 120
- Telephone Numbers in Common Use:
- Ocean Shipping: 2022517
- Long-distance Bus Station: 2201246, 2215238
- Xiamen International Airport: 6020017 (Automatic), 6022936-6017 (Manual)
- Train Schedules: 5054340
- Hotline for booking Airplane Ticket: 2226666
- Telephone Repair: 112
- Telephone Directory: 114
- Earthquake Advisory Service: 2042691
- Time Report: 12117
- Law Service: 96148
- To Report Offences, call:
- Consumer Hotline: 12315
- Price Supervision: 5140729
- Complaints about Unreasonable Taxi Prices: 2022616
- Tourist Complaints: 8008582-365, 5318985
- Reporting Missing Invoices or Receipts: 2126783 (State Tax), 2201164 (Local Tax)
- University Telephone Numbers in Common Use:
- The Overseas Students' Office:
0086-592-2182451(for Taiwan, Hongkong and Macao)
0086-592-2187728 (Student Affairs)
- Overseas Education Service Center (Cai Qingjie Building):
- Emergency Room of Xiada Hospital: 2186229
- Ambulance (Driver: Mr. Zongyao Zheng): 2182865
- Xiada Local Police Station: 2185893
- Ticketing (flight/train): 2183083,2186267
- Taxi Service: 2186215, 2186105
- Bank Accounts of the Overseas Education College of Xiamen University:
- Beneficiary Name：Xiamen University
- Beneficiary's bank：Xiamen University Branch, Bank of China (Tel:0592-2083255)
- Beneficiary A/C Number：840062414508093001
- Beneficiary Name：Xiamen University
- Beneficiary's bank：Xiamen University Branch, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- Beneficiary A/C Number：4100021709024904620
- Mailing Address and Telephone Numbers of the Overseas Education College of Xiamen University:
- Address: Overseas Student Office, Overseas Education College, Xiamen University, Fujian Province, P.R.China, (361005)
- Tel: 0086-592-2186211, 2182451
- Fax: 0086-592-2093346
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://oec.xmu.edu.cn
- Mailing Address and Telephone Numbers of the Overseas Education Service Center(Cai Qingjie Building):
- Address: Cai Qingjie Building, Nan Guang Area, Xiamen University, Fujian Province, P.R.China, (361005)
- Tel: 0086-592-2180501 or 2084528 (Reception Desk), 218500 (Office)
- Fax: 0086-592-2086774